February is a month of new beginnings, and what better way to kick off 2023 than by finding your next home or investment property? As your REALTORS®, we are committed to helping you navigate the complex world of real estate- whether you’re looking to buy or sell, we’re here to help.
If you’re thinking of buying or selling, now is a good time to get started – before the rush of the Spring market is upon us. We would be happy to help with home evaluation, a market analysis of a prospective property, what the house down the road sold for or answer any questions about the buying or selling process.
Let’s make this the year you take the next step toward your real estate goals. Contact us today, and let’s get started!
ally and dennis
A slow start to the year may not foretell the future for the Victoria housing market
February 1, 2023 A total of 278 properties sold in the Victoria Real Estate Board region this January, 41.4 per cent fewer than the 474 properties sold in January 2022 and a 13.1 per cent decrease from December 2022. Sales of condominiums were down 46.3 per cent from January 2022, with 101 units sold. Sales of single-family homes decreased 33 per cent from January 2022, with 120 sold.
“If you’re looking at the statistics, this January was one of the slowest we’ve seen on record,” says 2023 Victoria Real Estate Board Chair Graden Sol. “However, we did see a mid-month surge in activity as buyers seemed to regain confidence after the rapid interest rate increases of last year. It may be that consumers are moving past the market shock of the rate increases and economic uncertainty and that our market is regaining its equilibrium. What the data doesn’t show is the optimism that many of our REALTOR® members are noting from their buyers and sellers, who remain active viewing homes and making offers. Interest rates, continued low inventory and the greater economic situation in our area will determine what our early spring market will look like.”
See the full report HERE.
It’s important to feel organized for the year ahead! Set yourself up for success by getting rid of extra clutter lying around your home by following the 5 ways to declutter this year!
- Start with a plan: Before decluttering, make a plan of action. This could include setting aside specific days or times of the week to work on decluttering, creating a list of areas in your home that need attention, and setting goals for what you want to accomplish.
- Tackle one area at a time: Rather than trying to declutter your entire home at once, focus on one area at a time. This could be a room, a closet, or even just a single drawer. By tackling one area at a time, you can stay focused and make progress more easily.
- Use the “one in, one out” rule: For every new item that comes into your home, get rid of one item that you no longer need or use. This will help you keep your clutter under control and prevent your home from becoming overrun with unnecessary items.
- Donate, sell, or recycle: As you declutter, sort through your items and decide what can be donated, sold, or recycled. This will not only help you declutter your home, but it will also have a positive impact on your community and the environment.
- Maintain your progress: Once you have decluttered your home, make sure to maintain your progress. This could include setting aside time each week to declutter, creating a system for keeping your home organized, and making a habit of regularly going through your items to get rid of anything that you no longer need or use.