October arrives with its own unique charm, marking a time of change, reflection, and new beginnings. In this month’s newsletter, we’re excited to share a bounty of insights, real estate updates, and community highlights.
As always, it’s our pleasure to keep you informed and inspired on your real estate journey. So, grab a cup of your favorite fall beverage, cozy up, and let’s dive into what October has in store for us!
ally and dennis
While value of homes in Victoria remains stable, the cost to own continues to rise
October 3, 2023 A total of 493 properties sold in the Victoria Real Estate Board region this September, 20.2 per cent more than the 410 properties sold in September 2022 and a 9.4 per cent decrease from August 2023. Sales of condominiums were up 23 per cent from September 2022 with 155 units sold. Sales of single family homes increased 3.2 per cent from September 2022 with 228 sold.
“What we saw in our market last month was a continuation of the seasonal market trend we expect in a typical year as we move into fall,” said Victoria Real Estate Board Chair Graden Sol. “We have seen a slight return to a more balanced market in recent weeks. Our inventory right now features almost a thousand more listings for sale than we saw than at the start of this year.”
See the full report HERE.
Here are some fall maintenance tips to ensure your home stays safe and cozy this cold season:
- Gutter Cleaning: Clear leaves and debris from your gutters and downspouts to ensure proper drainage. Clogged gutters can lead to water damage and ice dams in colder months.
- Heating System Check: Have your heating system serviced by a professional to ensure it’s working efficiently. Replace filters and consider a programmable thermostat for energy savings.
- Window and Door Inspections: Examine windows and doors for drafts. Replace weatherstripping and caulk any gaps to improve energy efficiency and keep your home warm.
- Fireplace Maintenance: If you have a fireplace, have it cleaned and inspected before using it. Ensure your chimney is clear of debris and nests.
- Outdoor Faucet and Hose Winterization: Drain and disconnect hoses, and shut off outdoor faucets to prevent freezing and pipe damage.
- Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Check the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace them if needed. Safety is paramount.