Wishing you all a Happy July!
The busiest season is upon us…summer! Inventory appears to be on an—albeit— slow, but steady increase. This is great news for Buyers, but also for Sellers as sales remain steady as well. If you or someone you know is looking to move, please do not hesitate to connect.
Also, this summer is forecasted to be a hot one and everyone will be looking for ways to keep cool. Check out some family-friendly, refreshing mocktail recipes below to help you beat the heat!
Ally and Dennis
Victoria’s hot housing market levels off, supply still important for long-term attainability
July 4, 2022 – A total of 612 properties sold in the Victoria Real Estate Board region this June, 35 percent fewer than the 942 properties sold in June 2021 and a 19.6 percent decrease from May 2022. Sales of condominiums were down 40.2 percent from June 2021 with 202 units sold. Sales of single-family homes decreased 31.4 percent from June 2021 with 302 sold.
“The market feels a bit more normal right now,” says Karen Dinnie-Smyth, 2022 Victoria Real Estate Board President. “We have seen more inventory come onto the market to the extent that we are back to numbers closer to those which we saw in pre-pandemic 2020. This is good news, as more inventory provides more choice and builds in more time for consumers to work with their REALTORS® to make decisions.”
See the full report HERE.
Beat the heat with these fantastic mocktails – perfect to sip while enjoying your outdoor area. Plus, the kids can enjoy them too! Keep reading to discover your new favourite warm-weather refreshment.
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade Faux-ito
• 15 mint leaves
• 1 oz simple syrup
• 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
• 8 oz Dasani Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
• Garnish: Raspberries, mint, lime wedge
1. Mix syrup, lime juice, and sparkling lemonade in a pitcher.
2. Stir in ½ of the mint leaves.
3. Garnish with remaining mint leaves, raspberries and a lime wedge.
Honey Blackberry Mint Mocktail
• 8 fresh blackberries plus more for garnish
• 1/4 cup honey
• a handful fresh mint leaves about 10, plus more for garnish
• juice of 1 lemon
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 cups seltzer
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the blackberries, honey, and mint until very well blended.
2. Add the lemon juice and water, cover, and shake to mix.
3. Strain the mixture into two glasses with ice.
4. Top each glass with 1 cup of seltzer.
5. Garnish with blackberries and mint leaves.
Virgin Mango Lemon Margarita
• Mango puree
• Simple syrup
• Lemon juice
• Sparkling water
• Lemon wedge + coarse sugar for sugaring the rims of the glasses (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together over ice. Garnish with lemon wedges. Sugar the rims of your glass for an extra treat!
Virgin Pina Colada
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 1 cup canned coconut milk
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 8 cups cubed ice
1. Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Light Frozen Peach Bellini Mocktail
• 2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (or you can use frozen)
• 1 cup sparkling apple juice, plus more for serving
• 2 teaspoons SPLENDA® Sugar Blend (or to taste)
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
Instructions 1. Place sliced peaches in freezer for 1 hour.
2. Combine peaches, 1 cup sparkling apple juice, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into 2 glasses and add about 1/2 inch of additional sparkling apple juice