As the month of March begins, we are now in the midst of what is typically one of the busiest times of the year in the real estate market.
With the arrival of spring, many buyers and sellers are now starting to think more seriously about their plans for the coming months. For sellers, this means getting their homes ready for the market, such as cleaning, decluttering, and making any necessary repairs. For buyers, this means preparing financially, as well as getting pre-approved for a mortgage and starting to explore potential neighbourhoods and properties.
As always, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of the real estate market and make informed decisions. Whether you are buying, selling, or simply curious about the market, we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service and support.
ally and dennis
Winter real estate market wraps with improved consumer confidence and more stable pricing
March 1, 2023 A total of 460 properties sold in the Victoria Real Estate Board region this February, 35.9 percent fewer than the 718 properties sold in February 2022 but a 65.5 percent increase from January 2023. Sales of condominiums were down 39.7 percent from February 2022, with 161 units sold. Sales of single-family homes decreased 28.8 percent from February 2022, with 220 sold.
“Last month we talked about the optimism building in the local market that our REALTORS® saw, and now we can see it in the market statistics,” said Victoria Real Estate Board Chair Graden Sol. “We can confirm the return of buyer confidence by the increase in sales through the late winter. The market is seeing some positive headwinds as we move into springtime, which is traditionally the busiest market for home sales. Inventory levels are starting to increase, a welcome trend when compared to the record lows of last year. We’re also seeing a stabilization at some price points and properties that are priced in accordance with current market conditions are selling at a good pace.”
See the full report HERE.
Nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment of getting a head start on your spring cleaning. By following the tips below, you can make the most out of your spring cleaning and ensure your home is ready for the busy real estate season ahead!
- Make a plan: Before you begin cleaning, create a checklist of tasks to complete and prioritize them by importance. This will help you stay on track and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Start with decluttering: Get rid of any items that are broken, unused, or no longer needed. Donate, sell, or discard items as necessary.
- Clean from top to bottom: Start by dusting and wiping down high surfaces, such as ceilings, light fixtures, and shelves, before moving on to lower surfaces. This will help prevent dust and debris from falling onto areas you have already cleaned.
- Tackle one room at a time: Focus on one room at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed. Start with the room that will have the most impact on your daily life, such as the kitchen or living room.
- Don’t forget the details: Clean windows, curtains, and blinds to let in more light. Wash bedding, towels, and other linens to freshen them up. And don’t forget to dust and clean electronics, such as televisions and computer screens.